December 4, 2013

My Sweater Shrunk & Now It Fits Better




Shirt: JCrew  | Sweater: Banana Republic  | Tie: Banana Republic | Pants: Banana Republic


There was this one time I didn't read the tag inside my red Banana Republic sweater on how to wash it. Then I pulled it out of the washer, I didn't even dry it yet and it looked like it could fit my 16 year old self. I thought to myself, why didn't I look at the tag before I stuck it in the washer? Dry clean only. I hoped I could salvage it so I tried to reshape it and let it air dry. It's a different texture from when I first purchased it, so I was sure I could bring it back to life. Then I put it on... Oh, not so bad. Actually, I kind of like the fit. It's a bit tighter and a little shorter, but i like it better. Well that was a happy coincidence. It's the perfect layering piece under a winter coat, but loose enough to wear a nice collared shirt. With that being said, I wouldn't recommend going and washing your dry clean only pieces. This was a fluke, I swear. This brings me to my point. It's important to check the tag when you clean your professional work attire. If the tag says Dry Clean Only, I would advise following the Mr. Miyagi of clothing and do what it says.

Young Professional

Follow me on Facebook

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment